ZF Supply Chain Manager in United States
Manage entire supply chain for business unit Electronic Systems in North America. Guarantee 100% delivery reliability to the customer on basis of low stocks, supplier’s reliability and logistics cost reduction. Develop, manage and enhance logistics concepts as well as processes and optimize logistics performance.
• Be first contact to the customer on logistics topics for local customer inquiries and coordinate with the customer on delivery schedules and transportation of product to customer.
• Detect root cause of eventual supplier shortages and report lessons learnt to management team.
• Review customer production plans and liaise cross functionally to establish an equal level of information for all involved parties.
• Manage the interfaces between / to supply base, material planners, materials coordinators and engineering change to order.
• Monitor performance, develop plans to improve the delivery and supply performance as well as all plant logistics processes and implement measures for improvement.
• Develop and implement an overall logistics plan to support production requirements with regards to equipment, staff, and space requirements as well as to promote low cost, high inventory turns and a safe, efficient material flow.
• Implement and use the standards, policies and processes defined by global-/regional cross function.
• Develop an annual goals plan and report results on a regular basis
• Supervise, appraise and develop assigned personnel.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Economics or related field
• 8 – 10+ years (advanced) of professional experience encompassing the majority of the following fields – logistics, supply chain and/or business process planning.
•Experience in the automotive industry (OEM or 1st tier)
• Deep knowledge of supply chain, inventory management and logistics topics.
• Working knowledge of automotive process including PPAP, product costing, and specifications.
• Working Knowledge of cost improvement/containment topics and techniques.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project etc.)
• Superior technical abilities in business composition and mathematics
• Superior analytical abilities with a high attention to detail
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment
• Proven ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
• Solid organization and time/project management skills
• Experience with SAP
• Ability/willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
• Fluent English
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Experience in the Electronics industry
• German and/or Spanish language skills
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.