ZF Software Engineer in Northville, Michigan
Responsible for project management of the software development process, software testing and delivery. Also assists in developing test capabilities to support the project.
• Develop project plan for software development. Work with other software engineers to effectively partition the software work efforts.
• Track performance of the software development process to the project plan. Keep the project on track and advise the team of status. Resolve issues in order to maintain the schedule.
• Ensure software reviews are conducted on time and to the functional specification. Capture issues and follow up to closure.
• Develop test specifications and test cases to ensure all requirements are met.
• Develop test automations to conduct the tests.
• Work with other software engineers to execute functional tests to ensure resulting software meets all requirements. Capture any test failures or issues and follow up to closure.
• Integrate software modules from multiple developers into a single package for distribution to our plants.
• Perform required integration testing to ensure final package works correctly.
• Develop required PC based test tools/programs to support overall software development process.
• Take action necessary to develop alternatives to problems and/or schedule delays, resolve problem and recommend ways to recover lost project time.
• Report progress on a regular basis to manager and program manager(s).
• Collaborate with Hardware and Software engineers in order to implement systems engineering strategies based on V-Model principles
• Work with development teams and customers during beta testing, pre-production testing and final product implementation.
• Comply with all TS16949 policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science (Master’s preferred).
• 2+ years of experience (internship/co-op included in relevant software development positions
• Excellent project and planning abilities
• Superior interpersonal, communications and listening skills
• Strong drive for teamwork with a customer-oriented approach to projects
• Solid programming in C or C++
• Model based software engineering using Simulink
Knowledge of CAN, LIN and other automotive communication protocols
• A mix of hardware and software knowledge
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of Functional Safety Standard: ISO-26262.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel and Project
• English language competency – both oral and written
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Experience in the Automotive and/or Electronics industries
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting
• Experience with SAP and/or Axalant
• Experience with LabVIEW
• Experience with requirements management using DOORS
• German and/or Spanish language skills
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.