ZF Delivery & Support II in Northville, Michigan
Delivery & Support II
Position Summary: The Delivery & Support Technical Analyst II is responsible for supporting, administering, and implementing desktop, server, and network infrastructure as they relate to hardware, software, Operating Systems, and virtualization for the global domain function IT through daily operational assistance, in order to support and fulfill requirements of internal and external customers worldwide.
• Proficient understanding of Dell & HP server hardware concepts, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Proficient understanding of Cisco networking hardware, concepts, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting. Juniper a plus.
o VLANS, Trunking, ACL’s, Port-Channeling, QoS.
• Experienced with Converged Infrastructure.
• Proficient with Windows PowerShell. Python and Perl a plus.
• Ability to install, configure, operate, and maintain Operating Systems including Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, VMware ESXi 6/6.5/6.7, & SLES 11/12, & Ubuntu.
• Sound operational knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, Windows Server, Microsoft Clustering.
• General knowledge of SAN technologies.
• Ability to support a Dell & Lenovo desktop/laptop environment with an emphasis on customer service.
• Compile and develop documentation in order to create a knowledgebase for software and hardware supported by the Delivery & Support team.
• Procure and assist in hardware and/or software installation/deployment.
• Support daily operations for the Delivery & Support team within North America with extended support globally.
• Assist senior and entry-level analyst(s) within the global domain function IT with day-to-day activities related to the procurement, deployment, and operational support of standard hardware and software offerings.
• Provide first and second-level support for services provided through the Delivery & Support team.
• Hardware and software patch management.
• Adhere to global IT standards and coordinate related activities with global IT teams.
• Develop working relationships with internal and external business partners.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Experience with Cable management.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree, technical certification(s), or equivalent IT experience.
• 3-5+ years of experience in the IT field encompassing a majority of the following areas – Dell & HP Server Hardware, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, VMWare vSphere, Server patch management update processes, Linux operating systems, Security concepts and implementation (NTFS, O/S hardening, etc.), shared storage systems, and advanced server hardware concepts (clustering, etc.), Cisco networking or 3-5+ years of experience providing customer support and resolution regarding technical issues.
• General knowledge of IT concepts, best practices, and commonly used procedures.
• Proven analytical abilities in addition to strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• Proven abilities to diagnose performance issues and tune system performance.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts, information, and service-related topics with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management.
• Proficient with oral and written English.
• Ability/willingness to travel up to 20% (both domestic and international).
• Ability/willingness to meet flexible schedule arrangements per customer requirements (i.e. off-shifts, on-call.)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in Information Technology or related field.
• Experience supporting a JIT/JIS production facility.
• ITIL®, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA, A+ or related Information Systems certifications.
• Experience in the automotive industry.
• German and/or Spanish language skills.
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.