ZF AP Specialist in Northville, Michigan
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing administrative support and clerical services for all internal and external vendor accounts regarding the status of invoices and payment processes, in addition to providing general ledger support for Accounting Service Center (ASC) personnel, assisting on a variety of special projects and reports as needed.
• Work with other Accounting Service Center (ASC) personnel in a team environment, working to ensure compliance with standardized processes.
• Review, edit, code, and enter transactions related to Accounts Payable (AP) invoices and payments using a scanning solution with an Optical Character Reader (OCR).
• Process and review transactions using SAP.
• Handle internal and external vendor inquiries regarding the status of invoices and payments.
• Work with buyers and vendors to resolve pricing and payment discrepancies.
• Setup payment proposals and pay suppliers and/or vendors per contract terms and conditions, ensuring accurate results and, if applicable, that all associated documentation is properly completed, processed and mailed in a timely manner.
• Follow established procedures and guidelines and ensures accurate information is maintained for our suppliers.
• Reconcile inter-company vendor accounts in accordance with company policy and accounting standards.
• Run and distribute reports/queries as requested by management and other locations
• Maintain and update a variety of department files, lists, records, charts and worksheets.
• Prepare charts, graphs, and summarize data for the internal and external accounts
• Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• HS Diploma (Associate's Preferred)
• 0-5+ years of experience with SAP and purchase order transactions
• Working knowledge of AP and/or Shared Services (AP/AR) financial systems
• Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
• Solid organization and time/project management skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Proven ability to analyze and resolve complex customer service requests
• Experience in the Automotive industry
• German and/or Spanish language skills
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.