ZF Regional Service Manager in Miramar, Florida
Regional Service Manager
Manage a service center location to meet the operational targets, maintain strong customer relations, and represent ZF Marine in the local marine community through the following duties personally or through subordinates.
• Generate new local service business and maintain good relationships with area service yards, ZF Marine dealers and OEM boat sales outlet centers.
• Maximize productivity and profitability of service jobs.
• Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
• Assign workload and observe operational practices, study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates and to ensure compliance with written standards, specifications and safe operating procedures.
• Maintain and manage the center facility and ensure appropriate security is in place.
• Plan layout of warehouse and other storage areas considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
• Coordinate daily incoming and outgoing freight shipments.
• Audit freight bills to ensure correct discount and pricing is applied. Initiate necessary corrective actions.
• Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming/outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of material. Prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
• Maintain capital equipment, including service vehicles, shop and service equipment and tools.
• Maintain an appropriate inventory of special tools and service tools and ensure procedures are in place to monitor and control inventory levels.
• Prepare and participate in physical inventories.
• Develop the workforce through training, communications, and performance planning and review.
• Ensure business transactions are conducted in a timely fashion and in accordance with ZF Marine Propulsion Systems Miramar, LLC business policy and practice.
• Maintain the return authorization process to ensure timely resolution.
• Administer company policies and procedures.
• Perform failure analysis and provide warranty information to appropriate departments.
• Ensure factories are informed of current pattern of failures in the field.
• Provide technical support for OE and modifications if necessary
• Accumulate and report hours worked, adjustments, and changes on a biweekly basis to be used as input for payroll processing.
• Prepare for and work closely with internal and external auditors and coordinate any documentation requirements.
• Directly supervise a technical service team. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Interview, hire, and train employees; manpower planning, assigning, and directing work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolving problems
• Promote and engage employee involvement, team building and continuous improvement.
• Foster a positive attitude towards company goals and actively motivate, coach and support subordinates while encouraging professional development efforts to ensure growth and improvement
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with five years’ marine industry experience and/or training; or eight years’ marine industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and training.
Product knowledge, marine industry experience, and a verifiable management track record required, along with experience in a supervisory or lead position.
Technical, mechanical aptitude needed.
Must take a leadership role within the organization, possess a strong work ethic, be capable of multi-tasking, and be an innovative self-starter who can work well under pressure.
Must be versatile with Windows based spreadsheet, database software and possess strong analytical skills.
Excellent negotiation and communication skills and the ability to build teamwork and cooperation among the workgroup are essential.
Preferred Skills and experience:
• German and/or Spanish language skills