ZF Quality Systems and Change Management Specialist in Lafayette, Indiana
Quality Systems and Change Management Specialist
Division T - Commercial Vehicle
REQ 36025 BR
Lead the management and implementation of the Business Unit (BU) quality system policies, procedures and instructions throughout the organization:
Oversees and coordinates BU audit schedule, timely corrective actions, and opportunities for improvement while focusing on achieving/maintaining IATF 16949 certification.
Conducts internal audits across Business Unit and within plants as needed for compliance with quality systems.
Facilitates education and training of employees in quality systems and procedures.
Establishes/maintains BU level Document Control system along with maintaining Quality SharePoint.
Facilitate and manage cross functional groups in their management of processes and procedures
Works with other Division BU’s and IT to integrate common systems which may include PDM, Windchill, Yokoten, etc.
Lead cross functional groups to coordinate and manage changes:
Lead change management activities for across plant, plant to plant and other key changes as defined. Changes from Customer, supplier and internally generated including CIS and VAVE implementation.
Develop and implement a standardized change management report out for management review
Develop MOPs to track improvement actions for the change management implementation process
Manage and roll up of quality data reporting systems including QSYS, EQOS, Read Across, etc.
Assist with new product launches via prototype control plans and Safe Launch Plans.
Facilitates problem resolution and process improvements with internal manufacturing plants using structured problem-solving tools, 3x5 Why, 8D, QRCM and other corrective actions methods.
Assist in reviews of Core Quality Tools documentation and practices (e.g. DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Instruction, etc.).
Support continuous improvement activities at the BU and Plant level.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field of study, Engineering discipline preferred
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Five years experience in quality systems and change management, experience in an automotive/heavy truck environment preferred
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt highly desired, but not required.
• A successful track record in a Quality Engineering/Auditor role within a manufacturing environment.
• Strong background with all quality tools (MSA, PPAP, APQP, SPC, DOE and FMEA) desired.
• Extensive knowledge of IATF 16949/ISO9001 quality systems, including internal auditing experience is required. Certification as Internal/Lead Auditor desired.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and complete assignments within expected time frames.
• Ability to interact with suppliers, customers and internal management with a high level of effectiveness.
• Must be able to travel (10%-20% travel) to BU manufacturing sites on a regular basis to participate in audits, implement project goals and establish consistency at all locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran