ZF Maintenance Technician in Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
Division A - Europe Steering
Purpose of Role :
To support the production department ensuring all equipment, including electronics, assembly & test, is fully maintained & operating efficiently & that availability is at the required level.
Working in a multi skilled role providing both reactive & preventative solutions to help achieve improvements in OEE.
Effectively maintain a varied range of equipment, ensuring an acceptable level of health & safety at all times.
Root cause diagnose all breakdowns / faults to prevent reoccurrences
React to all breakdowns & requested tasks in a timely manner – completing Major Breakdown Reports (MBR’s) as required & entering the appropriate information onto the maintenance management system
Liaise with other departments & assist on project development or reviews.
Train Process Leaders, Operators & Technicians when necessary & generate the relevant documentation. Support the maintenance team & share knowledge.
Monitor manufacturing equipment performance with the aim of implementing process improvements relevant to machine ownership responsibilities & submit ideas into the Site Ideas Improvement Scheme (target of 2 per month).
Support in depth analysis of failure modes using suitable diagnostic tools.
Follow stores procedure to maintain appropriate stock levels. Identify spares for stock items & identify critical spare parts.
Develop, implement review Total Preventative Maintenance routines & ensure adhere to schedule once implemented.
Required Education and Experience
Educated to a minimum of ONC in an Engineering discipline.
Preferably to HNC standard
Time served Maintenance Technician.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Proven experience in a similar multi skilled maintenance role
• Experience of working in an automotive/high volume/electronics/ assembly manufacturing environment.
• Hands on electrical knowledge gained in multi skilled maintenance environment.
• Experience of electro pneumatics circuits and diagrams.
• Allen Bradley / Siemens PLC experience / understanding.
• PC literate (MS Office)
• Experience of electronics test equipment.
• Experience of (SMT) (Surface Mount Technology, medium sized electronic Assembly equipment , Process welding techniques, etc
Tyne & Wear