ZF Test Technician Supervisor in Gray Court, South Carolina
Test Technician Supervisor
ZF Transmissions Gray Court
• Define and make changes to enhance the machine functionality of the equipment.
• Oversee activities to diagnose, repair, maintain, install, and rebuild a variety of test systems to support validation processes
• Supervise installing equipment, performing test procedures, diagnosing mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic issues, and analyze nature of malfunction required to repair test systems.
• Schedule preventive maintenance on test systems.
Use a variety of machine tools and test equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, saws, and drill presses, electrical meters, electronic control analyzers, welding equipment, measuring tools, precision inspection tools, and common hand tools.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Maintain and check component parts; repair, reassemble, and test valves, pumps, solenoid valves, rewire controls.
• Define how to continuously improve/upgrade equipment.
• Oversee calibrating and maintain compliance of the equipment
• Supervise troubleshooting and solve errors/problems on production equipment.
• Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Determines product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, tooling or parts, according to specifications and quality standards.
• Follows the evolution of the equipment and performs acceptance evaluation accordingly.
• Responsible for the implementation of the equipment on the floor from delivery to hand off to production.
• Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs on old and new productions to provide information for management decisions.
• Confers with management, design and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production
• schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Supports day to day production.
• Involvement in team meetings with production workers to help determine and develop areas of improvement.
• Works on new programs as assigned (APQP tasks).
• A working knowledge of statistical methods and SPC charts.
• Estimates, future manufacturing requirements and potential, help to ensure that the quality of the product produced meets all customer requirements.
• Leads projects for existing production and new programs using APQP and Lean principles to meet timing and budget as well as performance.
• Understand and comply with TS 16949 and ISO 14000 requirements.
• Supports and complies with established Company’s Corporate Principles.
• Other duties as it relates to this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree and 8 years equivalent work related experience.
• Must have a minimum of four (4) years plant problem solving experience on manufacturing equipment. Hands-on experience is a must in complex machine maintenance.
• Deep knowledge of machine, tool, equipment, and test systems operations in addition to related repair methods and procedures involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components/parts
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft and CAD software.
• Strong mechanical experience with problem-solving/analytical skills and a high attention to detail
• Excellent communications capabilities with both verbal and written means.
• Experience in the Automotive Industry
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.