ZF Technician - Controls in Gainesvile, Florida
Technician - Controls
Position Summary: Provides technical support, troubleshoots & creates new programs, and researches new technology solutions to improve productivity and process quality for all automated systems. The Controls Technician will report to Engineering Supervisor. The Controls Technician has no direct reports.
• Responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving HMI’s and Siemens PLC’s.
• Provide day-to-day support for shop floor PLC’s and related hardware, software, and applications.
• Perform back-ups of PC’s, PME’s, TOX, NC programs.
• Perform troubleshooting of internal network issues including interface with plant IT network.
• Perform troubleshooting of existing recognition systems & integrate new recognition system solutions where needed.
• Perform troubleshooting and repairs using PLC, hand tools, power tools, shop equipment, test devices, and precision measuring tools.
• Recommend, architect and develop PLC solutions to meet the needs of the PA product lines.
• Effectively communicates technical issues and solutions to PA Maintenance & Engineering personnel.
• Install, troubleshoot, and repair equipment, machinery, lift assists, and devices while referring to blueprints, schematics, logic diagrams, and maintenance manuals & catalogs.
• Install, troubleshoot, debug, and repair electrical control equipment (480V or lower) and devices such as proximity switches, photo eyes, fiber optic switches, control relays, and other devices of this type.
• Operate fabrication equipment such as welders, cutting torches, and other machine shop equipment as needed to fabricate from drawings or sketches.
• Research parts and initiate request to purchase.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• HS Diploma
• 2-5+ years of related experience
• Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with Siemens Automation and drives. This includes Step 7, Simatic Server, and WIN AC. Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up. Experience in Automotive is a plus.
• English language competency
• Demonstrable knowledge (by course grade and/or onsite test) of PLCs, CNC equipment, blueprint drawings, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic functionality.
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or IT. Suitable work experience may be substituted for secondary education (A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position is required)
• TS16949 and ISO 14001 awareness training.
• Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.