ZF Engineer II - Manufacturing in Gainesvile, Florida
Engineer II - Manufacturing
Insert Job Description
Plan and coordinate engineering activities as they pertain to the Axle Drive Unit Product Lines. These activities include reduction of non-productive downtime, activities to meet customer demand volume & quality targets. Supports Supervisor in the installation phase of new or modified assembly equipment. Plans and implements process improvements so as to ensure correct assembly, maintain planned productivity levels, and meet operational & quality targets.
• Plans and implements effective procedures and policies utilizing TS16949 & other quality procedures to ensure that all PA equipment is in acceptable working conditions.
• Supports Supervisor in coordination of vendors and contractors for the installation of new equipment, components or processes, and evaluates performance according to specifications and quality standards.
• Assists in cost center budget planning as it pertains to manufacturing expenses and capital equipment investment. Provides technical information required for justification of expenses and investments.
• Active member in continuous development of assembly equipment and processes, utilizing PFMEA and employment of new technologies while supporting quality and business objectives.
• Provides technical clarification & troubleshoots problems that impact assembly safety and productivity.
• Reduces costs and non-value added activities using principles of ZFPS, VA/VE or related lean principles.
• Support in planning and execution of assembly cost reduction efforts and problem solving activities.
• Provides analysis of efficiency levels and facilitates introduction of new designs/methods to support continuous improvement in OEE.
• Works closely with Supplier Quality, Assembly, Maintenance and Process Quality to ensure final product quality meets customer & TS16949 requirements.
• Establish & manage the ECM (Engineering Change Management) Process; oversees introduction of new components and/or process into Axle Drive Unit assembly.
• Performs related tasks as needed.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• BS in Engineering
• 3-4 years of experience (internship/co-op included)
• English language competency.
• Strong computer skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience applying lean manufacturing methods and 8D problem solving methodology & DoE.
• Proficient in MS-Office.
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Working knowledge of AXALANT.
• Experience working in an ISO TS16949 environment.
• ISO 14001 awareness training.
• Atlas Copco Software.
• Tox Software.
• Experience with high volume assembly lines.
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.