ZF Account Manager in Farmington Hills, Michigan
GDF - Sales & Business Development
ZF is a global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology. ZF has a global workforce of approximately 138,300 at 230 locations in 40 countries. Working at ZF is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to imagine and create global mobility for tomorrow – and beyond.
Are you up for the challenge?
Manage the GM Electronics business account towards the profitability and market sure targets. Identify new business opportunities and deal with customer daily towards building a strong relationship and ensuring customer’s satisfaction.
Be the first point of contact to the customer
Be present at customer, building relationship and understanding their needs and market opportunities and threat
Identify new business opportunities, obtain RFQ-s, lead quotation processes, negotiation and follow-up with customer
Support and implement long term business strategies to achieve the Business Unit short and long-term goals (sales, profitability, etc.)
Development and implement sales and marketing strategies according to the strategic and operative business planning
Coordination, preparation and execution of customer meetings and events
Manage commercial activities as a member of new product program teams, coordinating all customer commercial and business requirements like prototype timing, delivery and logistics needs
Support the Sales Manager and Account Director in preparing and implementing sales strategies for sustainable competitive advantage
Manage and deal with commercial documentation: including purchase orders, tooling orders, cost breakdowns, cost tracking/history and change management
Actively negotiate with customer, as needed, Raw Material, Inflation and FX recoveries pre and post SOP
Monitor customer quality and warranty
Manage A/R timely
Essential Skills and Experience
5+ years of experience in sales roles in the Automotive industry required
Experience in commercial negotiations and business acquisition required
Ability to work cross-functionally in a Global organization, managing multiple projects and competing priorities
Ability to travel as business needs required
Strategic and analytical skills to develop efficient strategic orientation towards customers;
Experience in discrete customer account management and interdisciplinary project management;
Preffered Skills and Experience
Demonstrated experience dealing directly with major Global OEMs preferred
GM sales experience preferred
Experience with electronic related products preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V cb
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s engineering or business administration degree-level or equivalent. An MBA degree would be highly desirable. Alternative degree with additional business administration qualification.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• 5+ years of experience in sales roles in the Automotive industry.
• Demonstrated experience dealing directly with major Global OEMs. A strong preference will be given to experience on dealing with General Motors and electronics related products.
• Demonstrated ability building customer relationships and in sales development.
• Large experience in commercial negotiations and business acquisition;
• Proven success achieving profitable growth, ideally including experience in selling similar products with unwavering dedication to selling and winning.
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a Global organization, managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Able to develop creative solutions to difficult problems.
• Ability to travel as business needs require.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strategic and analytical skills to develop efficient strategic orientation towards customers;
• Self-motivated personality.
• Talent and openness with proven negotiating skills;
• Structured and process oriented working method;
• Team player with a high level of integrity.
• Experience in discrete customer account management and interdisciplinary project management;
• Good financials skills;
• Poise, flexible and able to work under pressure.
Sales & Business Development
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran